Wednesday, January 13, 2010

13. Moving out


But he doesn't even listen. I don't have to finish sentences anymore because he's already made up his mind. Pure prejudice. I don't bother tellin’ him anymore what actually happened. Just cut straight to what he wants to hear. Don't even think of it as lying just gettin’ to the crux as quick as possible, before the criticism starts.

Well, why don’t ...

No matter what I do, it’s never good enough. How the hell does he know what’s good enough? He never got past the Intermediate! He comes out with all this gobbledygook about how far I can go, how much talent I have, and how I am wasting it. Wasting what he slaved his guts out to provide for me. The entire lecture, I can just about give it to you verbatim.

Yeah, I know my ...

I reckon what it’s about is choice, my choice, not his.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Have you been eavesdropping on people’s thoughts, Julie? :)

The last line sums life up. It’s all about choice.

Another excellent literary snack, thank you.

Joan Elizabeth said...

"I don't have to finish sentence anymore because he's already made up his mind" .... that sums the story up for me.

diane b said...

I like Vicki's comment. Can I just write "ditto". You always get my imagination motivated with your Riffs. I'm interested how they will get back to where they came, when there is only one bike and one helmet,unless the other is out of the picture.