Friday, February 26, 2010

57. Stations of a cross


The two women, wandering the galleries as much for the cool air, as for the installations, were unaware of the agony of the fully formed consciousness before them, a sentient being silently begging for release from an existence where she had ceased, not only to matter, but to be, impaled in an ever-changing gallery, where form mattered more than substance.

Ceasing to matter was a metamorphosis recognisable by a gradual fraying of the edges, from sole to mind, an invisibility that released the body from the harsh world of reality into the unknown world of eternity. The artist as celebrant, drafting a policy white-paper on the state of modern marriage that is cognisant of a narrow spectrum of socially acceptable unions, leaving all variants to limbo forever in purgatory.

The immobile face cries out for recognition, for sustenance, for intellectual nourishment, but receives, in return, a single grain of sand.

Photo courtesy of Diane at Adventure before Dementia

7 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Ummm, I don't really know where I'm being taken here ... I liked the Sci-fi type approach to the artwork being invisibly conscious.

Got lost in the 2nd para. Liked the 3rd para but got lost again in the grain of sand.

A bit like reading poetry I guess ... there is often mystery interpreting that.

diane b said...

You have a great imagination. Why can't I think like that. I wonder if the spirit wanders the gallery at night looking for "intellectual nourishment."

Julie said...

I tried a different approach with this one. I read the other two works for which Diane had posted the artists "blurb". I also have read lots of these at the AG-NSW. Frequently they are dense, they are self-important and they are intellectual crap.

I tried to mirror that ...

Joan Elizabeth said...

Then you succeeded perfectly!!

Vicki said...

Very literary. :)

Julie said...

*chuckle*

freefalling said...

I'm not sure what this says about me?
seeing as you are mirroring a intellectual, self-important style....but I really loved this one!
(except the middle paragraph)