Monday, December 20, 2010

354. To each his own


There is no accounting for taste – whether in garden ornaments, or lovers. One should never criticise the person that attracts a friend. Attraction is a conundrum. Some people are attracted to the clothes people wear, the car they may drive, or the company they keep. Other people may be attracted by smell. I read in scientific articles that this is based on fact. I struggle with this as an attractant.

I am attracted by things that cannot be seen – like smell, I guess. Maybe it is the way he walks, or shuffles, or drags his wooden leg. Maybe, it is the spark of wit in the corner of an eye. They say opposites attract, but I fail to see the logic in this. What would opposites have in common? Maybe it is that complementaries.attract .

Suffice to say, I am not attracted to this type of garden ornament.

2 comments:

datehotter said...

I am agree with you attraction is conundrum.Nature always attract me.
garden gift

Julie said...

I have spent 5 hours today walking very slowly through forests, listening to birds and sometimes capturing them with my camera. I do not know anyone in my circle of friends who could be bothered to do this.